26 August 2014

Cyrusgate? Did Perkins Coie Advise Cyrus Habib to Ignore Four Troublesome Questions in the 48th Senate Race Against Michelle Darnell?


Michelle Darnell should have won last night, but the Mainstream Republicans of Washington don't like her enough to fund her and truly support her because she tells the Truth, and the Dems don't like her because she tells the Truth. The homeowners and taxpayers love her though so stay tuned for her next phase! 
  
And if you don't believe this race is important, then answer the question as to why POTUS is watching. And he's not for Michelle Darnell that's for sure. The problem is, the Republicans aren't helping her out much either because she says things about finance and the mortgage industry that cut too close to the bone. Cyrus won't touch any of it. He just wants a nice easy ride, but that's not what exactly what he's going to get because I have some questions for him and at some point we will meet again face to face. So when both parties try to ignore the candidate, that is the candidate for whom you're supposed to vote, simple.
Update 4 Sept. 2014: I am 99% certain that Cyrus Habib and Perkins Coie scrubbed the Internet to have negative information about him deleted.
See that negative return in the lower left corner?
Apparently no negative information about Cyrus Habib 
will be allowed online. Sorry, I must have missed the memo.
 In full disclosure I am listed as a team member for Michelle Darnell's campaign because she paid me $250 to make her first 3 videos. I haven't been paid a dime since then yet I continue to document what I am seeing in this race because I feel like it and I have just enough of my own money and time to do so. I am not part of the control group and I make no decisions on policy or any of that. I am just the guy with the camera, documenting Ms. Darnell and Mr. Habib. 

Here then, is a link to Ms. Darnell's responses to the four questions that Mr. Habib ignored.
 
*************

The Seattle Stranger wrote that Michelle Darnell was in favor of raising taxes on the middle and lower economic strata, and clearly implied that she was a hypocrite. I got into it with them because they wouldn't release a video or audio of the exchange and I know for fact that Ms. Darnell does not want to raise taxes in that fashion. 

Now I have worked as a field scout for three different presidential campaigns going back to the 80s with Jesse Jackson, and in the modern era for Dick Gephart and John Kerry. Along with way I have won several first amendment trials and settlements so I am very particular about political commentary or defamation issues. Just this spring a $.5M Defamation Jury Verdict was entered against the Boston Herald after I helped Joanna Marinova secure her counsel at Todd & Weld 4 years ago. Todd Weld summary.

That having been said not every situation calls for legal action. While I most certainly do view the comments from the Stranger as Defamatory, this isn't the place for a lawsuit, but it is a place for me to ask the questions to both candidates that the Stranger will not openly discuss. I gave both candidates written questions and an opportunity to respond in unedited video but only Candidate Darnell responded. Her full response, unedited, appears above and her written responses are forthcoming today on the journal page. Bur first watch my video visit to Cyrus Habib's office at Perkins Coie -- counsel for the entire democratic party, who advised Candidates Kerry and Obama along the way. Query, did they advise Cyrus Habib to ignore these questions:
Remember the four (4) questions I posed to 48th District Candidates Cyrus Habib and Michelle Darnell a month ago after a completely inaccurate endorsement from the Seattle Stranger stated that Ms. Darnell was in favor of raising taxes on Joe the Plumber?  Well in case you don't recall, they are linked above and replicated in the comments section below for your edification.

Candidate Darnell timely responded with video and written responses that directly contradict the materially false and misleading endorsement for Cyrus Habib, whose $200,000.00 war chest was built largely with out-of-state contributions like any other corporate attorney candidate. There's nothing new here.

Be that as it may, I waited patiently for a response from Attorney Habib for weeks, emailing and calling him at his campaign headquarters and legislative office. Finally, having not received any response I took a video ride to his high-rise digs at Perkins-Coie, the law firm that also serves as counsel for the National Democratic Party.  In the video I wonder if they advised Cyrus Habib to stonewall me...... on the believe that Ms. Darnell is not a viable threat even though she garnered 37% of the vote with 4% of the money.

This is part one. In part two I will air Candidate Darnell's written and video responses. Keep in mind that I afforded Cyrus Habib the exact same opportunity, to run unedited written and video responses but he didn't believe that transparency required him to engage himself.  Let's see how that plays with the voters and on public access TV here in the Sound.

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

Dear 48th District Candidates, I pose the following questions to you in writing, for your immediate attention. Within the next several days I will also appear in person to capture your video responses to the same questions. I will allocate two (2) minutes of video response for each question, and you may feel free to use as much space as necessary to address the written questions. Please provide your responses at this email address (kingcast955@icloud.com) on or before the Close of Business, 29 July 2014.

1. Right now you have what is basically a Court-ordered unfunded mandate for education. What are your specific plans to address the funding mandate set forth by McCleary?

2. What is your position on income and sales taxes. Are you in favor of regressive or progressive taxes and what would changes would you advocate for during your term?

3. There have been legal decisions throughout the country -- including the Nancy Becker vs. MERSCORP case in Pennsylvania decided this summer -- that indicate that the MERS recording system has robbed counties of millions of dollars in recording fees. Do you believe that area recording offices should be conducting audits in order to go after some of this money?

4. What role do you believe that the mortgage and housing crisis has had on Seattle area economy?

Thank you in advance for your time and diligence in this matter.

Respectfully submitted,


CHRISTOPHER KING, J.D.
kingcast955@icloud.com
mortgagemovies007@gmail.com
http://affordablevideodepo.com
http://mortgagemovies007@gmail.com
617.543.8085m
206.299.9333f