07 February 2012

KingCast says "Say hello to my little friend! -- the Canon EF 24-85 3.5-4.5 USM."

So the results are in, and it's a mixed bag of treats.. and as you can see, 
into every life a little shit must fall :)
I missed the part about the AF not working, so I have to spend more to get another one with less miles on it, and send this one back. Clearly it is sharp enough on the stills and the focal range is going to be fantastic for my documentary style videos. 
I will get a 24-70 L lens as well soon.
As I noted in this journal entry, you cannot go wrong with this one. It is the definitive do-it-all lens, coming in close second to the megadollar L-Series unit. It is rumoured to be as sharp as the 50mm 1.8, a good deal. What the critics say one and two. I hope the lens, hood and UV filter all arrive before the weekend so I can bust a cap like Scarface :)

Yes I got the champagne version, reportedly better than the black. We shall, umm.... see. The next link is the back story on this lens, which in champagne came paired with the prosumer EOS IX, read a phenomenal review on this uber-slick $1,000 (that's 1996 dollars) film camera. I'll use it on the Canon 60D, here it is in video action on an unknown camera  a Canon T2i. For stills, it is Breathtaking on a 1D MKII. Here is the final one I just ordered, comparison pics coming soon:

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

The next move of course is to get another one. They've been out of production for quite some time, best to stock up for the Apocalypse.

-The KingCaster.