01 August 2011

KingCast downgrades NH Senator Kelly Ayotte; salutes NJ Senator Robert Menendez for demanding proof of claims and show cause on foreclosure mill and robo-signature bad faith cases.

Dear Ms. Gilligan:

Thank you for your prompt response and concern over the actions of foreclosure mill law firm Phelan, Hallinan & Schmieg, who, inter alia:

1) Irresponsibly called gun-toting police on me and the subject of an ongoing investigation with attendant court case.

2. Lied to building Chief of Security Jim Catullo as to whether they knew who I was or that I was covering this story. Read the emails between us in this morning's journal entry showing that my Notice of Media was successfully transmitted via fax four (4) times, along with the MortgageMovies Journal hit from the firm's server.

As I noted to you per our phone call this afternoon, my intentions regarding this matter are to:

1.  Follow the offering of your intern who suggested I contact your office on hearing that Phelan, Hallinan & Schmieg had telephoned the police on us and then failed to even tell the police why they did it. You may recall my first question to you was whether you had any knowledge of this issue at all, because I noted it was very involved and I needed you to understand everything about the facts of this case and about my background as an industry professional.

2. Respectfully demand a public reprimand from the Senator's office regarding this behavior: As I mentioned, as a former LE Attorney I can tell you that you can't just go indiscriminately calling the police on professional people just because you are afraid to answer their questions. What if the responding LE saw my black camera at full focal length 560mm and thought I had a gun and shot me or the subject of my report? I could have very easily happened all because they didn't want to answer a question. Think about it. Now you can understand why you could hear the concern and righteous indignation in my voice. That indignation is shared by many others who will be contacting your office under separate cover.

3. Respectfully request a copy of any and all consumer/constituent complaints issued since 2005 against, or involving the law firm of Phelan, Hallinan & Schmieg.

4.  Respectfully request a copy of all responses contemplated by the four (4) bullet points received pursuant to your 20 July, 2011 letter to FDIC Acting Comptroller Walsh, Chairman Bernanke and Acting Chairman Gruenberg as posted above; 

Sen. Menendez and Colleagues Urge Transparency 
in Foreclosure Practices.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration of these matters, and as we discussed if it is appropriate for you to forward my concerns to the press staff I understand that. As to the consumer complaints that may follow I imagine your staff will handle those directly as you have directly affected parties involved. Note: She is on it already!


*********
What serendipity that I would meet Senator Menendez' intern during the filming of the current Mortgage Movie, highlighting the evil and mean-spirited phone calls to the police by Phelan, Hallinan & Schmieg. Now if we could just get his Senatorial Sister Kelly Ayotte -- and others who sit by idly or in tacit complicity -- to do something, we might get somewhere. About two months have passed and she still hasn't issued her public stance on the CFPA, not to mention presiding over the largest consumer fraud in NH History, the mortgage-related FRM PONZI scam. You can watch it all right here:

No comments: