05 January 2011

Folks in the U.S. House of Representatives check in, KingCast follows up with Judiciary Committee Congressman Adam Schiff on the Fundamental Right to Free Press in American Society.



At the tippy-top we have the nonprofit Open Congress.org website with KingCast right next to my cousin's erstwhile paper, the Washpost. Same way I was right next to, well, okay, ranked above, the ACLU for Constitutional journals in 2008. No hard feelings though, they paid me for my 2011 ACLU calendar picture of Racial abuse victim Jason Vassell. Next, above is the video that the U.S. Reps were enjoying today while they were also probably busy reading about incest, $5M thefts from Columbia University and eMusic CEO Adam Klein's criminal history and daughter-disrespecting present. There have been others as well but today is the day I picked to explain it in context, and the context is this:


U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte is a sham artist who hates open government and free press with the passion she should have reserved for public service. Increasingly, people are seeing that I am right, with the House showing up to read this journal entry showing how Kelly and former U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier threatened me with arrest while I was standing on a public sidewalk because I was asking some uncomfortable questions. I'm sure many of them are aware of the Free Press lawsuit as well, KingCast v. Friends of Kelly Ayotte, NH Dist. 2010-CV-501. Now then, on to the follow up to Congressman Schiff, who hails from Framingham, Mass, just down the road from me.


Dear Congressman Schiff: 
By way of follow-up to my 25 December 2010 journal entry showing how Wikipedia is hiding Senator Ayotte's position that she can pick and choose who covers her publicly-advertised events held on commercial property, I offer you the lawsuit, my Memorandum in Opposition to Defendant Ayotte's Motion to Dismiss, and my Reply Memorandum in support of 42 U.S.C. §455 Recusal (or at least a full disclosure). The Memorandum contains an org chart that is so heavy with influence from Kelly Ayotte's prior firm of McLane, Graf that it will leave you, as the longest-running member of the House Judiciary Committee, with your head spinning.


GOP and Tea Party haters of Free Press cannot selectively deny media access on viewpoint and race-based criteria pursuant to NAACP v. Thompson,  648 F.Supp. 195 D.Md.,(1986), as I noted on this Statewide Public Access television program Capitol Access TV Episode 142Meanwhile, Wikipedia removed this information in an act of outright censorship. The Alternative media is the true watchdog against government oppression and we must be protected. As you can see from the lawsuit opening President Obama and Governor Deval Patrick both give me journalist standing and unfettered access, even though I have criticized them both, rather heavily at times. Kelly Ayotte acts in a rather unprincipled manner however, because of her hatred and contempt of me as an intelligent black male that started when she attacked me as NAACP Legal Chair.... and lost in yet another First Amendment battle.


Wherefore, I propose the following legislation to dovetail with your International work in honor of Daniel Pearl:


Whereas Freedom of the Press, in all of its forms is a Fundamental Right essential to the protection for the integrity of this Country;
Whereas thousands of gifted nontraditional Fourth Estate practitioners need reasonable access to the political process to provide quality coverage of salient issues;
Whereas the dormant Commerce Clause grants certain powers to the United States Congress, 


It shall hereby be declared a Fourth-Degree Felony for any political candidate to deny reasonable access to any reporter on the basis of ideology, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation when the candidate is engaged in a publicly-advertised event, held on commercial property subject to State and Local licensing and permitting.
************
Note: See Capital TV public access sessions 142 and 143 for further, in depth commentary from KingCast.net and show hosts Lydia Harmon and Denis Goddard. More pictures and video below the fold.







My main concern was enjoying the open environment that embraced media of all origins, and finishing my lawsuit against U.S. Senate candidate Kelly Ayotte, Nashua and NH GOP and the Nashua Police Department for repeatedly threatening me with arrest at every public event. Read the First Amendment/Free Press lawsuit excerpt and final copy (final Sunday night) right here.






Watch the comparison and contrast between the Democratic approach and the GOP fascist approach in the Deval Patrick rally video from Boston's South End, below. It really underscores President Obama's message about the stuck car that the Dems are dragging out of the GOP's mudbath:

"If you want to go forward, you put it in 'D'.... if you want to back up you pick the 'R!!!'"

And to my new friends, I look forward to working with you soon.


No comments: