29 November 2010

KingCast welcomes Tim Karr & Media Citizen to the madness that is corporate media in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.

My Photo
Timothy Karr
New York, New York, United States
Timothy Karr is the campaign director of Free Press and the SavetheInternet.com Coalition. Karr was the executive director of the MediaChannel and Media for Democracy. The views expressed here are Karr's alone.
Ten years ago I thought blogging was stupid. Two years ago I thought Twitter was stupid. I was the stupid one, because I didn't realize that these are the only ways that we can distribute news and information that corporate media protects. I've been wondering where these New York hits were coming from in my tracker, now I know. All of you Internet trolls who tried to keep me down can go to hell, because my ideas have merit, and more and more people are seeing that, from SCOTUS Justice Kagan to the U.S. Senate to Mr. Karr and many others following, and I've only been serving up Tweets for about a month. To me, it's not about the number of followers, but the quality thereof. Writes Karr from his Citizen Media journal:
Mainstream media is in turmoil. Traditional reporting has become more about "infotainment" and packaging than information-sharing. Corporate journalism's failure to serve as the fourth estate has put public mistrust of the media at an all-time high. More and more Americans are making a news system of their own, one that serves diverse interests, challenges the powerful and engages more people as participants in democracy. MediaCitizen is an investigation of this new media frontier, a place where people can take control of new media and the policies that govern them.

No comments: