24 July 2010

KingCast asks DAs Conley, Zabin & proven liars Michael Picardi, Derek Lodie: Are you sure you convicted the right man in the Dan Talbot murder trial?

Soooo.... I asked in this post whether Dan Conley and the Jury wrongly convicted Robert Iacoviello, Jr. for the murder of Revere Police Officer Daniel Talbot.

I noted in this post about State's witness, purportedly altruistic "Bat Man" Jason Watson, that my buddy Seth Daniel discovered an eerily familiar fact pattern of violence and deception on the part of Derek Lodie and Michael Picardi.

Now Derek Lodie has taken an extension on his 20 July 2010 trial date and many believe he is going to Cop a Plea, just as he did in the Dan Talbot case.

Safe to say that if the Revere PD had arrested Derek Lodie for these events when they should have, Dan Talbot would be alive today, and Robert Iacoviello, Jr. would be a free man, taking care of his child as people have written to tell me that he always did in a kind and considerate, loving manner..... in opposition to Jason Watson, who has physically threatened the mother of his child and her family. I know for fact that his Restraining Order was extended.

And I again remind you that Officer Billy Soto's testimony put the gunfire flash in Derek Lodie's hand?

Now I am going to post a good segment of Seth Daniel's Revere Journal story:
On Sept. 26, 2007, (3 days before the Talbot tragedy) three young men were walking on Cooledge Street in Revere when Lodie allegedly began to approach them.

“What are you doing in my projects?” he allegedly yelled at them as he walked closer.

Once he was next to them, Lodie is alleged to have lunged at one of the youths. A second of the three youths jumped in front of the attack, and began to fight with Lodie. The third youth also joined in the fray.

Eventually, Lodie ran off into the Cooledge Street development.

Simultaneously, the second youth realized that he had been stabbed three times in the chest and abdomen area – pretty serious injuries. The third youth had a sizable slice on his thumb. Witnesses called 9-1-1 and the injured youths were rushed off to the hospital.

When police arrived on the scene, that’s when Picardi became involved.

Picardi allegedly told police that he witnessed the incident and that it was William “Billy” Bagnera who had stabbed the youths.

However, it turned out that Picardi’s information was a lie. Yet another foreboding situation given what would transpire in the Talbot case just a few days later. Revere Police immediately put out a warrant for Bagnera – who had a sizable record and a lot of criminal contact with police in the past.

Lodie and Picardi escaped to a mutual friend’s house, where they discussed what had just happened while others overheard.

Two days later, Bagnera was arrested and charged in the stabbings.

Despite his innocence, he was held in custody for more than two months before police were able to point the crime at Lodie and Picardi. One day after police arrested Bagnera, Officer Talbot was murdered behind the high school after starting an argument with Lodie as he walked by.

Lodie is represented by Attorney Jay Carney, who also represented him in the Talbot case. Carney had no comment on the upcoming trial, which is scheduled for a July 20 start in Boston’s Suffolk Superior Court (continued to 11 Aug 2010).
Paul, you and I both know this is a walk that we have to take, no disrespect to your brother in the least. It's about respect for the Constitution and whether a young man is doing time for a crime he did not commit, and whether others got passes for any potentially criminal conduct on their parts.

Dan, don't blow your stack at me, as you did while Jake Wark laughed (KingCast video) when I tried to ask you a simple question, Counselor. I'm only asking reasonable questions that other are asking as well. It's called the First Amendment, the name of the blog is the name of the game, you know that's why Careers in Criminal Justice gave me Top Ranking for Constitutional Law blogs, above the ACLU. I look forward to reading the Appellate Briefs in the event that Derek Lodie does not admit to the shooting of Daniel Talbot.

Related: The Wait of the World.

1 comment:

The watch Dog group said...

Last modified: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:49 PM EDT

Item wins release of Revere cop murder film

By Robin Kaminski/The Daily Item

REVERE - More than two years after a Suffolk Superior Court judge ruled against releasing surveillance footage taken the morning Revere police officer Daniel Talbot was shot and killed, the footage was rele-ased Wednesday exclusively to The Daily Item.

The two-and-a-half-hours of video shows five different angles of the parking lot located behind Revere High School, offering only a few glimpses into what occurred prior to Talbot’s death on Sept. 29, 2007.

Talbot, his fiancee and three other off-duty officers were reportedly drinking behind Revere High School on athletic field bleachers in the early morning hours of Sept. 29, when Talbot was shot in the head after a brief confrontation with a youth who was walking across the field.

The first minute of footage shows a person identified by the district attorney as Derek Lodie, then 17, walking through the parking lot to the field where prosecutors said he had the initial confrontation with Talbot. Ten minutes later three more people walk through the lot, identified by the DA as James Heang, Thomas Papandrea and Robert Iacoviello, who police believe Lodie summoned after the argument, and who was convicted of firing the shot that killed Talbot.

A police cruiser appears on the footage about eight minutes later, followed by a fire truck, more cruisers and eventually an ambulance. Neither Talbot or the fatal confrontation was captured on the footage.

The Item requested access to the surveillance footage in December 2007 after it became apparent it might depict the events that led to Talbot’s death.

After being denied the video, The Item sued Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley, who possessed the tape, on the grounds that footage of city employees socializing on school property makes the video public information.

Conley’s office repeatedly denied the newspaper’s request, citing investigatory exemptions that suggested releasing the video would compromise the integrity of the investigation. Conley agreed to release the footage Tuesday if The Item dismissed its litigation.

“We have agreed, through our attorney Peter J. Caruso Sr., of North Andover, to drop this legal action against the Suffolk County DA’s office now that they have produced the footage that we have always maintained was public information,” Daily Item President and Publisher Peter H. Gamage said.

Conley’s spokesman Jake Wark said the release of the tape was delayed due to a standard of practice.

“As a matter of policy and practice, we do not release evidence while a case is open and pending,” Wark said. “Whether it’s a tape or a signed confession, it’s not public record until it is introduced in court.”

Conley’s attorney John Zanini previously argued that releasing the video to the media would compromise the grand jury trial, where the video could still have been added as evidence. In addition, he questioned the urgency of viewing the video, which at the time, was six months after the incident took place.

Iacoviello was sentenced to serve three years in prison on a firearms charge before he begins his life sentence with parole eligibility after 15 years. He was also ordered to serve, along with the firearms sentence, a two-year sentence on another firearms charge.

Lodie was sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison for being an accessory before the fact to Talbot’s murder.

Heang received a three-to-six-year sentence for unlawfully carrying a firearm and being an accessory to Talbot’s murder after the fact.

Papandrea is believed to be in the witness protection program.