09 April 2010

KingCast says, "Goodnight, Malcom."

My buddy and guitarist extraordinaire Trent Berry told me this morning..... Speaking on the sad news of McLaren's passing Lydon (who signed the statement with his old moniker, Johnny Rotten) said:
"For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. Above all else he was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you."

Problems, Holiday in the Sun, Submission, Pretty Vacant, Seventeen, New York, EMI and Bodies are all featured today. Possibly the best punk rock album of all time, truly epic stuff here. Charged many a skateboard ramp to THAT. And Johnny Lydon's PIL and solo careers were both solid, great great stuff. Here's a video slide set to "I did you no wrong."

Speaking of punk, I am a loudmouthed punk when it comes to dissin' on the racist pigs at Boston Herald, and now the lawsuit has been filed, hahahahahaaaa....complete with Johnny Rotten sneer!

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

Of course, the part about Sid and Nancy, not so good :(

-C