01 April 2010

KingCast says "Bike rides, anyone?"

From the Cycle World blog. As to the top story photo on the Zero bikes, some day in the not too distant future there will be no more whaaa, whaaa, whaaaa.... and I'm sure I will miss it. And the styling is, well only slightly goofy. But on the upside???..... you can always launch into that certain 1990's wedding dance and say "It's Electric!"

Down below, not only can this guy ride it, he can NARRATE it as he does. Gee Atherton and friend at Rio de Janeiro's favelas run, simply awesome. I watched it through the home stereo, need to put my heart back into my chest now :)

2 comments:

Christopher King said...

So this electric bike thing, apart from losing the visceral element of the sound, what is it like to ride?

How do you gauge when to shift it apart from the tach?

Is there even a tach?

What about the lack of engine braking?

And it obviously weighs nothing, look and how relatively spindly some of the components are.

I cant' wait to ride one.

But I'm going to miss the whaaaa-whaaa.....whaaa....

Maybe I can put some playing cards in the spokes.....

-The KingCaster.

SHE said...

I will take a ride - but not if you do THAT. ;-)