02 February 2010

Dan Talbot murder trial 2 Feb. 2010 -- KingCast what's the verdict, is Robert Iacoviello the little man with the gun in his hand or is it a big foist?


Meanwhile, interesting that the Globe does not allow for public comment on this very public issue, no offense intended whatsoever to Maria Cramer, it was enjoyable to work with her on this trial.

More on Derek Lodie.

Update: Guilty on 3/4 counts. Some tool over at the Revere forums keeps on saying that
"It's obvious you hate cops, and blah-blah-blah and why don't you tell us what happened...."

Look: It is not my job to predict jury verdicts. I only did it once when I practiced, and thankfully I was correct, but I don't have a horse in this race. It is the State's job -- not mine -- to tell us what happened so don't get it twisted. The fact that the State is having somewhat of a difficult time telling us what happened is because of the fact that the State did not follow protocol during the investigation, not my fault. Those who are interested may read my response to this tool in the comments section, meanwhile I'm rocking out to the Minutemen as you read the State's case below:

1. The State is saying that it was Gia Nagy's DNA on the disassembled weapon that Picardi was working on and that points to Defendant Iacoviello (closing arguments 28 Jan). More on Picardi's involvement, fascinating that I don't believe he was charged even though Nagy was with him and allegedly helped him destroy the 9mm Hi-Point as testified by Marilyn Cardona. This I believe to be the same Michael A. Picardi of Saugus who was arrested for larceny on 6 May 2008, stealing so he could "get high." I believe he subsequently was arrested on warrants on 16 Oct. 2009. More about Picardi I know but I sure ain't tellin'. All Set.

2. The State is saying that Tommy Papandrea puts the gun in Bobby's hands, here is the relevant testimony there from 12 Jan.

3. Also there was the testimony of some cat Randy Furtado who roomed with him for 3 days who says Iacoviello came up to him and confessed. Read that here in the 20 Jan post.

One thing for certain, working this case, it Ain't No Picnic! (Dig the Ron Reagan cameo)

4 comments:

Christopher King said...

curios wrote: Mr. King, please instead of giving us you're biased distortion of the facts give us you're true belief of exactly what you think happened, who is guilty, who commited[sic] the murder and what you really think. Try to do this imagining that the deceased was not a cop (as we all know you hate police). So let's hear it! I can't wait to hear your opinion.

*********

You need to quit with your biased distortion of my job. My job as a reporter is to put the legal facts of the case out there, which I have. You can't point to one single thing that I said that is wrong, and solid facts like that are why

I don't hate police, and Randolf Lieutenant George knows it, that's why I was asked to his class watch the video:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/20 ... cneil.html

I don't hate police, and that's why Masters in Criminal Justice top-ranked my blog, fool:

http://www.mastersincriminaljustice.com ... law-blogs/

.......but I hate it when police do bad things because that makes other LE suffer, why can't you get that through your thick skull? I could never have been an AAG if I hated LE, stupid. I put Officer Talbot's video on my page, and you can't point to one single bad thing I have said about him or his actions other than the day in question, if you can, go right ahead and do so, I'll be waiting while the crickets chirp.

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/20 ... -2010.html

And I posted where people who have been good friends have called in and written in to me about Officer Talbot, so no, it is not obvious I hate police, but it is obvious that you hate me asking questions about irresponsible police activities, and you hate my proficiency and detail in so doing.

As to what happened, to this viewer it is far too murky to tell, largely because of the inappropriate actions of LE, and that's a fact -- whether you want to believe it or not. If there are acquittals they will be based on the very things I have noted.

If there are convictions the appeals will be based on the very things I have noted, so don't get pissy with me, got that? The issues in the case are the issues in the case and no amount of you player-hating and perpetratin' on me is gonna' change that, got that?

Some days I think Soto shot him. Some days I think Bobby shot him. Some days I think Franklin shot him.
Some days I think Lodie shot him.

All days I think that casing on the Gatorade bottle is complete bullshit. You shoot guns? If so, you would too.

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/20 ... -2010.html
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PQbVMfpHJBg/S ... G_9049.JPG

So there, I have given you my best opinion as to what happened, based on the testimony presented. Happy now?

Anonymous said...

I think you have done a great job reporting. If it wasn't for you, we would know nothing about what's going on. They don't say anything on TV.

Christopher King said...

6:33

Thank you. Major media has a cozy relationship with LE, whereas I simply don't give a damn.

I'm going to call it not as I see it, but as it really is, and give you all the video I can while so doing.

Look for KingCast to grow and grow in the coming months and years, as a source of information for people who really want the Truth, regardless of outcome.

******

Let me refer you to the words of my former boss, and noted Civil Rights Attorney Terry H. Gilbert, Esq:

Preamble to "American Lawyer" #1 (seen at KingCast.net)

"There are few more noble causes that a lawyer can pursue.....lawyers must be on the frontline of that struggle to give meaning and dimension to the First Amendment to generate ideas regardless of their implications. To silence opposition seems to be the modus operandi of the state in order to consolidate its power over its citizens, particularly after 9/11......

I know Christopher King embodies the spirit of those who came before us who have sacrificed greatly for this cause. He has experienced all kinds of injustice in his young career, and his message needs illuminated to people as example of what can happen for speaking out in today's society, even as a lawyer."

-Terry H. Gilbert, Esq.

Christopher King said...

PS: Read the story again for updates about Michael Picardi that I had missed early in the trial.

-c