24 December 2009

KingCast says PLEASE drive safely today, tomorrow and always.

We saw a very bad accident this evening shortly after dusk on the Mass Pike E/B into Boston. Two cars were flipped, a man was waving his hands wildly to State Police on the left hand side, and about 200' further on the right was a 99% definite fatality, I won't describe it, nor will I publish photographs. I always had a policy of not publishing fatality pictures and I will stick with that. We were only 8-10 cars back so it must have just happened.

I thought about the sad miracle of timing. What if we had left the rest stop 5 seconds earlier and had established a different traffic pattern and everybody got home safely? What if we would have become embroiled in it ourselves? What if anyone within 1,000 feet of the accident had done something just slightly different this morning, yesterday or 10 seconds before the crash and maybe everyone gets home safely?

Well in point of fact, we will never know. But what I do know is that some people are going to be in a World of pain at the Holiday Season, and my heart goes out to them.

1 comment:


I have come to know that many teenagers keep texting while driving…its too dangerous…but there is a solution for it…http://www.drivesafe.ly/…my kids are using that application and I am feeling much more relief….It allows to listen message and sender of message itself….its a life saver and nice gift for society………