20 October 2009

KingCast waits for Boston Cop Internal Affairs investigation of Officer Morrison; Denver gets serious on racial profiling.

KingCast note: Remember the MassCops forum in which they called the NAACP the "National Association of Asshole Colored People" and I caught them then they shut it down?

Here's a USA Today feature on a progressive effort from Denver that I heartily applaud.

Moreover, in light of the court decision allowing Jason Vassell to obtain racial records, and in light of the fact that the Boston area PD give more tickets to minority males than anyone else, and in light of the fact that a certain white police officer acted like a complete jackass to me back in March, prompting a public records request, I thought it would be an appropriate time to share the results of my public citizen inquiry into Officer Morrison's on-the-job reprimands.

I got notice last week, paid my $53.80 yesterday in person (rode the 650R down to the Station, yah) so if I'm lucky I can retrieve the 119 page investigation and result today, but whether it be today, tomorrow or the next day it will go right here in this post.

Update: In a 12:03 minute conversation with Legal staff that ended at 12:36 pm. I was told that my FOIA Fun-Pak was mailed out today, huzzah!!!

I got the facts on a horrible cop exactly three years ago too, read about Martin Dunn.

Anyway, I told Boston PD this guy wouldn't have spoken to a professional white person the way he spoke to me, and he certainly wouldn't have spoken to me the way he did if he knew I was a former Assistant Attorney General over a minor speeding ticket when I was completely polite with him and merely asked "is there a problem, officer?"

I was on a job assignment in Atlanta for the trial and just paid the ticket (my first in nearly 8 years) but the real issue was this cop's attitude and demeanor, so I'll bet the other complaint is similar. If he is a bad apple he needs the heave-ho and I'll put him out on Main Street in my upcoming radio segments at 5:30 p.m. on TOUCH 106.1 FM's new show, "TOUCH Beat." Listen in. Police have a tough enough job as it is without jerks like him (or Franconia's Bruce McKay who can't get a road named after him, unlike Good Cop Michael Briggs, RIP) soiling their reputations. Therefore it's time to start policing the police.

Next up: The five (5) cases that are supposed to be re-investigated in Boston. Here's the Globe Story link with the full 2008 Official Report and Official Report excerpts.

Update: At 11:58 a.m. today I just received a call from Community Ombudsman Oversight Panel Executive Secretary Yola Cabrillana who tells me I -- along with the other press -- will receive an advance copy of the 2009 report that has updates on all the cases I seek. If I have further questions at that point I may simply file my FOIA request, probably no need to sue, as I had to in New Hampshire. Nice. In Boston, as opposed to New Hampshire, there actually is a Civilian Review Board, something I argued for in New Hampshire, only to have legislators like Martha McLeod ignore my phone calls and letter supporting HB 58.

11 comments:

Christopher King said...

Quick folks, somebody write in and blame me for Officer Morrison's previous IA investigation.

Then blame me for the fact that black males receive the most tickets in Mass, Greater Boston and Boston.

Then blame me for sunspots and the mortgage crisis.

And cholera, dingy fever and Asian tsunamis.

-The KingCaster

Anonymous said...

I see MINORITY on that graph not black, that is your assumption. Minority includes Latinos, Asians, Iranians, Iraqis.
I blame you for misrepresenting the truth like you have in this topic. At least keep it real instead of posting what isn't the truth to promote your race war.

Christopher King said...

4:40

True that, I have made the correction.

Now it accurately notes that ALL miniorites are getting jacked up, that's cool bro, equal opportunity, right :)

Thanks for the heads-up.

Will you have time to post again this morning before they roll you back into your padded room at the Cuckoo's nest?

Here's the story so everybody can read along:

hen police departments are accused of racial profiling, white officers are generally the ones facing scrutiny.

But a Boston Globe analysis of 20,000 Boston police tickets and warnings tells a different story: Minority officers here are at least as tough as whites on minority drivers, and sometimes tougher.

For the most common violation, speeding 10 to 15 miles per hour over a 30 m.p.h. limit, white officers ticketed 30 percent of white Bostonians and 38 percent of minorities.......

Christopher King said...

PS: A yes or no question for you:

Would you like a copy of Officer Morrison's IA report when I get it?

I can either sign it for you or just send it unsigned. For his part, I doubt Officer Morrison will sign it for you, in point of fact did you know that the Office of the Legal Advisor doesn't even sign their correspondence letters?

Nice.

Christopher King said...

Hahahahaaa....

Remember the MassCops forum in which they called the NAACP the "National Association of Asshole Colored People" and I caught them then they shut it down?

******

And you dare to come in here and call me a race hater.

Query, were you one of the Mass Cop haters? Go ahead, stand up, identify yourself and be proud of your, ummm.... accomplishments.

-c

Anonymous said...

I call it as I see it, just like you do. The difference, I don't reduce myself to ignorant profane language like you do all the time.
You are a hater. Don't make demands of me when you aren't man enough to face and answer the same demands made upon you.

Christopher King said...

7:41

No.... the difference is you haven't changed any laws, nor are you smart enough to do so, or dedicated enough to do so.

And just because you say I'm profane doesn't make it true.

What IS true, is that you are a horrible waste of bandwidth.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do, a motorcycle to ride, and a young lady to hug :)

-The KingCaster

Anonymous said...

Boy I change laws at the federal level and I successfully stopped a 600 unit development from going past the proposal stage due to federal wetland violations, that can't be circumvented. Because of my actions the same developer had to pay damages to 16 homeowners in our development who's homes were damaged due to flooding. The developer had illegally tied a multiple water retention pond system into our developments, which was in violation of the 1999Federal Wetlands Act. The developer had never been permitted by the county or state in the first place.

Christopher King said...

4:24

Good for you!

But none of that has anything to do with police cases of abuse or 42 U.S.C. 1983/Monell claims or First Amendment stuff, which is the nature of what I do.

That's the point, jackass.

You're out of your league here.

-The KingCaster

Anonymous said...

obviously you are ut of your league because you wre found to be incapable of professionally representing anyone and found to be incompetent to practice law, by the Ohio Supreme Court.
"A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client"

Christopher King said...

8:59

Same old same old.

Too bad my clients didn't say that, my clients said the system was taking us for a ride, and Lou Jacobs -- the very man appointed to be a mentor to me -- wrote

"racism, ignorance and reactionary politics played a role in Mr. King's suspension."

Can't practice well?

That's funny, because the Michael Isreal case -- in which I defended a black man before an all-white jury of resisting arrest on two white cops, sued and settled under 42 U.S.C. 1983 and got the cops found to have made Mr. Isreal a victim of violent crime (in a separate proceeding before the Ohio Court of Claims) -- proves otherwise.

Thanks for coming out.

-The KingCaster