12 September 2009

KingCast says comments regarding the Serena Williams default at U.S. Open vis a vis McEnroe's actions show that racism in tennis is alive and well.

Here is a link to the Yahoo story that will probably disappear in typical Yahoo ephemerallity.

Basically, Serena -- known for coming back to win as a champion many more times than Kim Clijsters (I respect the hell out of BOTH women let's be clear) was struggling and an incorrect foot fault was called and it directly led to her losing in two sets, the same way that McEnroe was defaulted in the Australian Open. Watch it on YouTube:

And he was defaulted in the Seniors tour, whatever he's still my nig. And nobody said "Just an Irishman looking for a handout...."

She then went off on the linesman or whatever, getting visceral -- just as one of my favorite players of all time John McEnroe has done -- and been defaulted for in the Australian open. Yah, as you can see Mac autographed my picture of him at Indianapolis many years ago at one of his last pro tour tournament wins ('90 IIRC), I've met that brother a few times whatever I actually like the guy and if you watch the Boston Legends match a coupla' years ago you can hear me talking some shit to him and vice versa, All Good.

Now read the comments from this evening and see how much racism is still alive and well in America, just like Citibank in Boston, even after President Barack Obama sued them. Oh, wait, I know: To these tennis "fans" Obama is probably just another coon looking for something owed to him, too. They hate the fact that Clijsters' record will never parallel that of the "nigger Williams girl." Keep on hating, haters, drive yourselves crazy with it until you die :)

2. Posted by mark h Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 am EDT Report Abuse
Another case of an angry black person thinking they are owed something.
[KingCast response: You mean like an accurate call because she clearly didn't foot fault? "Did you say back then, Just another angry Irish White Boy believing something was owed to him?"]

24. Posted by anarobert@... Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:36 am EDT Report Abuse
you can take the monkey out of the jungle but you cant take the jungle out of the monkey
[You can take the salt off the cracker but you can't make the cracker less salty]

That's what makes these people rather shortsighted, to say it pleasantly. I mean in the video I'm hitting against white guys and they would never THINK of being so hateful, ignorant or stupid:

5 comments:

Christopher King said...

Now that having been said, the "shove it down your throat" comment was indeed out of bounds and Serena should not be proud of that sort of statement.

But I doubt that Serena "threatened to kill" the linesperson, that is a bit of a stretch.

But the bottom line remains:

Why the racial components to the comments?

Christopher King said...

"I've seen Serena come back from this situation many times, the match was not over. To have the match end that way as I know from personal experience that is something you have to live with the rest of your life."

-John McEnroe
13 September 2009

Anonymous said...

Christopher King wrote:
"That's what makes these people rather shortsighted, to say it pleasantly. I mean in the video I'm hitting against white guys and they would never THINK of being so hateful, ignorant or stupid:"

What's your excuse ? You're the guy hitting the balls to the white guys on the court, you called Jon McEnroe one of yor "nigs".YOU ARE one of the BIGGEST racist, hateful and ignorant men I have ever known. You somehow manage to always drag the race card into all your arguments

Christopher King said...

4:59

Look fool, "nig" was tongue-in-cheek and a term of endearment.

That's a privilege that black folks have, just like women can say "that's my bitch" or whatever. White folks can call me "their nig" and I take no offense if they are cool about it.

Just as Italians can call each other Guineas but I had better know one very well before I say that :)

If you have to ask whether you can say it, then you can't say it.

Relax, dude.

*******

I am not racist, hateful or ignorant nor am I the one who dragged race into this.... I don't know whether you are blind as a bat or simply another dumb-assed hater, but the whole point was that

A) Serena was acting like an ass
B) People on chat boards went racial with it. I am commenting on them going racial, you dumb ass.

Have a nice day, thanks for stopping in :)

Christopher King said...

PS: You might want to read this paper by Peggy McIntosh:

"White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Backpack"

I think whites are carefully taught not to recognize white privilege, as males are taught not to recognize

male privilege. So I have begun in an untutored way to ask what it is like to have white privilege. I have
come to see white privilege as an invisible package of unearned assets that I can count on cashing in
each day, but about which I was "meant" to remain oblivious. White privilege is like an invisible
weightless knapsack of special provisions, maps, passports, codebooks, visas, clothes, tools , and blank checks.

Describing white privilege makes one newly accountable. As we in women's studies work to reveal male privilege and ask men to give up some of their power, so one who writes about having white privilege must ask, "having described it, what will I do to lessen or end it?"


*************

And what now will you tell this white woman, that she is a black sympathizer (code word: nigger lover?)

Muuaaaahhhhh......