11 October 2008

KingCast shows you how things change from being an AAG to representing political dissidents like Jerry L. Doyle, 41 F.Supp.2d 765 S.D.Ohio,1998.

11 Oct. 2011 -- Update on Jerry Doyle's physical death... his spirit will keep on keepin' on.


1992-1995 Ohio AG's office, 1 year as clerk 2 as lawyer, never a problem. Here I was leading preparations for an oral argument on a case I won. I forget what it was, but I never lost, so I can safely say that I won. L-R KingCaster, Stephen Schmidt, Charles (I forget his last name), Section Chief James Barnes, Assistant Section Chief Cheryl Nester.


Flash forward to 1998, representing Jerry L. Doyle in Doyle v. Columbus, 41 F.Supp.2d 765 S.D.Ohio,1998 and see what happens. Apparently Columbus Council refusing to let a man speak on off-agenda items because he is being repetitive (about the city paying for protection for the Ku Klux Klan rallies) is somehow a time place or manner restriction, as opposed to being a content restriction. Interesting. Very interesting.


Oh, well -- at least Jerry Doyle never lost a foot or a leg when I represented him. Colin read this. Instead we gained access to City Council after 9 months' unlawful denial and won a four-day criminal trespass school board beat-down trial seen in part at American Lawyer One at KingCast.net.


That's what's up.

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

Funny things happen when you seek information about LE in NH too.

But that provides no excuse for failing to seek it.

-The KingCaster