13 March 2008

KingCast watches in horror as Lawrence High Principal Wilfredo T. Laboy suspends Honor Roll student, allegedly for wearing a sweater.

But that ain't really what's going on. What's going on is unlawful First Amendment retaliation. He suspending the daughter, Flormarie Figueroa to get at the mother Izzy, who is a pen-pal friend of mine ever since we stood up in opposition to the situation in which Laboy painted over Thuan Tran's Malcolm X/Martin Luther King mural, telling the young lad he could put it up again, but without Malcolm X on it. This is what I wrote the Eagle Tribune Publisher and Editor in response to a great story by Mark E. Vogler. Cross-post: BostonNOW.

To all:

I know Izzy Figueroa, whose Honor Roll daughter was suspended for wearing a sweater in school even though the building has documented heating problems.

http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/local_story_073070943.html

I know her because she emailed me through her involvement in fighting for Justice for Thuan Tran, the student whose Malcom X/Martin Luther King mural was taken down at Laboy's request, with the comment that he could put another mural up without Malcolm X on it.

Ms. Figueroa is being targeted by Laboy through her daughter, and I know some things I will keep to myself at this point as I have referred her to duly licensed Massachusetts counsel. Here are the Mural Postings that Mr. Laboy thankfully cannot remove from this blawg:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/12/thuan-trans-art-teacher-was-correct.html

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/12/kingcast-says-lawrence-ma-school-supe.html

This then, is what I wrote when Laboy said the Malcolm X was not appropriate:

Fact: Contrary to Superintendent Laboy's comment, Malcolm X did not advocate violence even before he went to Mecca. What he said was "We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us."

This means that he would advocate violence only when violence was given, which is a lawful reaction.

Fact: After he went to Mecca, he said this:
Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and the overwhelming spirit of true brotherhood as practiced by people of all colors and races here in this Ancient Holy Land, the home of Abraham, Muhammad and all other prophets of the Holy Scriptures. For the past week, I have been utterly speechless and spellbound by the graciousness I see displayed all around me by people of all colors.


Wilfredo T. Laboy needs to be put on a leash and in a cage, and his actions monitored by everyone because he's running a circus freak-show over there at the high school.

Now that the issue has gone public, I am posting this to BostonNOW in about 10 Minutes.

3 comments:

Christopher King said...

Enough already.

America is less the Land of the Free and more the Home of the Brave.

Christopher King said...

Watch for this on Channel 7 news tonight because they are headed over for an interview right about... now.

Ask me how I know this =^.)

Also, when Mr. Tran was going through his changes with Mr. Laboy a few months ago, he had to get back to his studies and did not want to cause too much of a ruckus, so Ms. Figueroa passed around the blawg entries.

"Don't worry son," I told him. "This guy is stupid, and a hater, so we'll just wait in the cutty until he does something else and then we'll get him."

Herald said...

Hi,

I'm a reporter at the Boston Herald and am trying to get in touch with Ms. Figueroa and/or her daughter to interview them about the suspension. Could you send us an email at citydesk@bostonherald.com or call 617.619.6461