07 November 2007

Primex Insurance Company kicks Franconia to the curb, town to defend KingCast v. Ayotte et al. RSA 91-A Right-to-Know litigation on their own.

Yeah, today I asked representative Monica Panait this question:

Do you cover municipalities for alleged First Amendment or Right-to-Know violations pursuant to RSA 91-A?

It says on their website:
Primex3 members can enjoy the benefits of a comprehensive self-insured package program that includes property, boiler and machinery, inland marine, crime, general liability, automobile liability and physical damage, educator’s legal liability or public official’s liability, law enforcement liability, employment practices liability, and employee benefits liability.

But hell what would you do in their position? They know the client is liable for something and if there's any grey area in coverage their mantra is "make it go away!"
Tangentially-related post: Gregory W. Floyd, a/k/a "Teflon Don."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a dark McLeod hanging over Franconia's future...

Ask not for whom the Belz tolls, it tolls for thee Franconia...

Oh yeah...

Christopher King said...

And for some local flavor:

Two roads diverged in a Franconia wood, and they took the deceitful one.

Christopher King said...

email tip jar:

Christopher ~

I have been following your efforts since the days after 5/11 and applaud what you are doing wholeheartedly. Initially, I thought I was the only one who sat in disbelief when Kelly Ayotte so quickly said the investigation was closed and Gregory Floyd would not face any charges for the murder of Liko Kenney.

It was comforting to find your blog and see there were other like minded individuals out there. Never did I think the groundswell would grow so much as to become a collective.

I grew up in Littleton and still have family in the area, though I now live in southwestern NH. For a time I attended school with [blankety blank member of the Kenney Miller family] I want to help in any way I can, even if it is simply to display a bumper sticker as a show of support for the cause.

Please let me know how I might obtain at least one bumper sticker. Beyond that, if there is anything else I might do, I would like to help.

Thank you for your time and thank you for your blog.

Best,

[Name withheld at this juncture]

Christopher King said...

Didn't see too much on Primex on Westlaw today.

They did try to dodge personal Jurisdiction in this case:

E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Co. v. Cigna Property & Cas. Co.

Not Reported in A.2d, 1992 WL 171427
Del.Ch.,1992.

July 20, 1992 (Approx. 5 pages)

Not sure how it came out; Court left that decision in abeyance for a bit.

Fon said...

Thanks for the information on topics.I was excited for this article.
Thank you again.

Insurance information for good ideas.