20 August 2007

KingCast presents: An open letter to State Rep. Martha McLeod in Franconia shooting tragedy.

I sent it on 10 July 2007. The header is in the comments section.

Dear Representative McLeod:

Please allow me to introduce myself as someone who has dedicated this phase of his life to seeing something positive come out of the tragedies of 5/11.

My film maker and I are well into production for what will initially be a short piece highlighting the need for MANDATORY Civilian Review Boards and we will want to use this piece to raise awareness and to generate support for such a bill.

Believe me, after our days of production in Concord and in Franconia I can tell you the piece will be quite compelling.

We are securing funding for that right now (never an easy thing because we're not selling anything except Justice) but I know we can make this happen. Film editing takes a lot of time. A lot.

Meanwhile, please review this blawg post:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/07/kingcast-praises-nh-hb-58-establishing.html

.....and recognize that we press the government for answers, as we should do in a free society.

Christopher King, J.D.
603.438.8017
KingCast.net
Justiceforkids.net

See I thought for some crazy reason that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to First Amendment/Right-to-Know policy, and that by moving forward in a progressive sense, that one day there would be editorials about this case and developing law. I mean, that's what I did earlier this year in New Hampshire, but what do I know. Ohio said I can't zealously represent anything. But Nashua School Board member and local attorney Dennis Hogan knew better, and this is what he said.

2 comments:

Christopher King said...

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Christopher King" kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com
Subject: HB 58
To: Martha.McLeod@leg.state.nh.us
CC: [blankety-blank]

Dear Representative McLeod:

Please allow me to introduce myself as someone who has dedicated this phase of his life to seeing something positive come out of the tragedies of 5/11.

My film maker and I are well into production for what will initially be a short piece highlighting the need for MANDATORY Civilian Review Boards and we will want to use this piece to raise awareness and to generate support for such a bill.

Believe me, after our days of production in Concord and in Franconia I can tell you the piece will be quite compelling.

We are securing funding for that right now (never an easy thing because we're not selling anything except Justice) but I know we can make this happen. Film editing takes a lot of time. A lot.

Meanwhile, please review this blawg post

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/07/kingcast-praises-nh-hb-58-establishing.html

.....and recognize that we press the government for answers, as we should do in a free society.

Christopher King, J.D.
603.438.8017
KingCast.net
Justiceforkids.net

Anonymous said...

:)