06 June 2007

KingCast Cease and Desist letter to WMUR on Franconia shooting tragedy.

Update: Naturally, I was right:

Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:19:17 -0400
Pending defamation lawsuit from Christopher King, J.D.
Andrew P Vrees" avrees@hearst.com
I am writing to inform you that we have removed "mpssg's" post at approximately 1pm today.

Dear Mr. Vrees:

As noted herein, and in our phone conversation 5 minutes ago, you have a forums page regarding the Franconia shooting tragedy (read my letter to Governor Lynch) in which you claim to monitor posts for potentially libelous or name-calling activity.

Truth be known, however, WMUR allowed a known police officer, [mpssg 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM] to call me a "disbarred" attorney, when by your own news accounts you know full well that I was instead suspended for a year in 2002. "Man's legal license suspended," it properly reads. Not even a 2 or 3 year suspension, mind you, but one year. That is far cry and a material distinction from being "disbarred." Disbarred means you ain't coming back, and you best believe I fully intend to practice law again. I'm about the youngest 42-year old you'll find.

By way of backdrop, Ray Brewer, who has lived in Connecticut and Cleveland as have I, conducted an interview with me in front of the Cheshire County Courthouse but you guys only ran a quick snippet of me talking..... and about 8 seconds of "perp walk." You may watch the entire interview of course, at KingCast video "Press conference."

You also failed to telephone or email me before you ran your first story, which I find less than professional and I should know, having been a photojournalist and editor for a statewide black-owned paper in Ohio (Call-Post) and a reporter for a large metropolitan daily (IndyStar) prior to law school.

Good thing the charges leveled at me as a vigorous Civil Rights advocate and legal chair of the NAACP were dismissed, Chief Dunn was fired and Prosecutor Albrecht resigned under an ethics scandal as noted herein. And watching the press conference again I am reminded that WMUR totally failed to even mention that I filed a civil defamation suit against that cop. Unbelievably biased news reporting, totally. The suit was dismissed only because I couldn't afford to pay for his Deposition. That won't happen this time, and no way in Hell do you win on Summary Judgment. But I might.

Be that as it may, I suggest you either:

a) remove MPSSG's post as libelous,
b) add my post in response, or
c) prepare to receive a lawsuit from me, which you might receive anyway.

And if we go that route I'm going to successfully subpoena all of the posts that you received but failed to submit for in-camera inspection. Please respond via email or phone, kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com, or 603.438.8017 by close of business tomorrow, 7 June 2007.

Very truly yours,

Christopher King, J.D.

14 comments:

Christopher King said...

Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Christopher King" kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com

Subject: Pending defamation lawsuit from Christopher King, J.D.

To: avrees@hearst.com
CC: kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com

Dear Andrew:

I am serious as a heart attack. I've been through enough crap in New Hampshire that I shouldn't have to deal with any more from a professional, major news empire like yours.

Here then, is the soft copy of the Cease and Desist Letter, including a link to my letter to Governor Lynch on this issue.

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/06/kingcast-cease-and-desist-letter-to.html

The rest of what I have to say I will take off line between us and your insurance carrier, but this email is going straight to the blawg.

Very truly yours,

Christopher King, J.D.

Anonymous said...

cheers!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had a problem with my posts over there too.

Christopher King said...

Yeah they are effin- effed, but good.

Imagine their defenses:

"Well it's just a little mistake."

WRONG.

"Well he meant "disbarred" in the best way."

WRONG.

They don't want any parts of a trial, either. Funny story in two parts:

1. Michael Isreal, 1998, criminal trial for resisting arrest, DUI, etc. Not Guilty on all counts and Foreman says to me after I really kicked Hamilton, Ohio Prosecutor Sam Boorst's ass on the way to a $58,500.00 settlemet:

"Perfect, counselor. You got more with honey than vinegar."

2. State v. King, 2006 voir dire and former NH Hillsborough County lead prosecutor David Horan will verify this:

"Good luck" from not one or two but several jurors who were not selected for the petit jury as they filed out. Of course we all know that after I showed them I was willing to try the case, the State dismissed it.

"I've never seen or heard anything like that in all my years of practice," said Attorney Horan. Got that on video.

*********

As I've stated before, none of this will bring Liko back, but I know he's watching all of us get at the ugly cover-ups and faux media coverage of his government-sanctioned execution, hanging out with Mother Ann and this time they ain't sayin "Keep on Keepin' On," they are saying "You GO Boy!"

Liko:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/05/kingcast-asks-whats-difference-between.html

Mother Ann:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2006/11/kingcast-and-christopher-king-thank_20.html

And go I shall.

Christopher King said...

Hey 11:27

email me offline at kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com

....and tell me what happened. You may or may not have grounds to sue under the First Amendment (it is a public forum and viewpoint discrimination, if proved, may be actionable) but at a minimum what you have to say could help prove a course of conduct.

Peace.

Vic Mackey said...

Yep, suspended for one year, nothing more. That suspension is still in effect isn't it? A matter of unpaid fines and some other requirements before you can plan your big comeback isn't there Councilor?

What a hypocrite! You'll spread rumors about Bruce McKay (a dead man who can't respond) all day long and then whine like a little girl because someone said something inaccurate about you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vic. Many people were saying stuff about McKay. Its in the papers. And the stupid official line released shortly after the shootings is moron-food.

I assume you want to get to the truth, and would support immediate release of the video tape as well as testimony from the passengers in Floyd's and Kenney's cars, then correct?

CK wants the Truth. Many people do. Others want to just move on and business as usual.

Christopher King said...

12:04

"Like a little girl?"

Ignoring that sexist statement I stand on the law. Whether or not I paid my fines is totally irrelevant to the simple fact that a one-year suspension is not remotely tantamount to a goddman DISBARMENT, or are you too stupid to understand that.

Also, I submitted a copy of a courtroom performance for critique and the sellout Law Professor Shirely Mays, who was supposed to be working with me on my professionalism never even watched it; threw it out.

Facts are facts, dude. You grow up and recognize the fact that WMUR is full of snot.

Namaste.

Christopher King said...

Hey Vic:

As if on cue, another one bites the dust:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/06/kingcast-reveals-former-allenstown.html

This time another Northern New Hampshire police official abusing the public trust. My complaints and beat downs always came from the establishment, not from the people I was sworn to represent.

You can throw stones at me all day, but in the end you'll be ignoring some serious issues with New Hampshire law enforcement.

It's all up to you.

PS: I don't whine like a girl, but I'll sue you like a M-F.

Christopher King said...

Hey Vic:

Looks like I was right again, as usual:

Re: Pending defamation lawsuit from Christopher King, J.D.

To: "Christopher King"
kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com

From: "Andrew P Vrees" avrees@hearst.com

Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:19:17 -0400

I am writing to inform you that we have removed "mpssg's" post at approximately 1pm today.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!! Not bad for a "whining little girl," CK.

Shine that light!

Anonymous said...

nice work, ck - i just came over to let you know that they'd pulled it. doesn't look like they're letting a whole lot of new posts through, tho!

Anonymous said...

I an no longer interested in going over to WMUR to their forums. I personally feel their was judgement going on over what posts got in based on the papers views.

When too many were coming that were telling the story of Franconians then they just started going days without posting anything.

i won't support their forum or paper in the future.

Christopher King said...

To all:

Thanks, guys. In the grand tennis match of Kenney/King vs. Government/Media, we took the second set 6-0.

The State already stole the first set from Liko when they allowed two nasty men to execute him, so I'll have to do a lot of court coverage here on out by myself.

Along with this and going into the third set -- which may take years to play -- I just hit the drop shot that NH AG Kelly Ayotte fielded, running up to the net with a request for 21 more stinking days to produce the video.

Then I hit that backhand topspin lob right over her head to Governor Lynch, who I'm certain has no idea exactly how to respond.

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/06/kingcast-writes-letter-to-nh-governor.html

Tennis, anyone?