11 May 2007

Rush Limbaugh agrees that Oxycontin lies tie in directly with NH AG Kelly Ayotte's earnest attempts to restrict commercial speech.

I've been screaming about NH AG Kelly Ayotte's reasonable attempts to protect the public's right to be free from undue influence of corporate drug peddlers for a few weeks now because of the ongoing data mining case with IMS Health Inc. and Verispan L.L.C. In that case the Federal trial court unfortunately held that the data mining companies and their clients have unfettered access to physicians in order to hawk their chemical wares.

And quite often those chemical wares that come advertised as panacea -- like soma from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World as I note in last week's post on the issue -- come with deleterious side effects including addiction, for which Oxycontin manufacturer Purdue Pharma L.P. will pay $635m in fines for lying about. Nice:
The plea agreement settled a national case and came two days after the Stamford, Conn.-based company agreed to pay $19.5 million to 26 states and the District of Columbia to settle complaints that it encouraged physicians to overprescribe OxyContin.

But then drug companies like to lie a lot, as Ricerca, LLC did to my father, a 37-year employee of the former company as noted.

See back in the 90's I dated someone on the hospital side who knew all the drug reps from like, Novartis, etc. etc. and she broke it down to me how much control and influence these companies can have over some of the physicians with their gifts, promotionals and all matter of quasi-legal activity which was leading her to get out of the industry. As the World and this Country continue to spiral into a drug-addicted morass, don't say I didn't tell you so. Well you can say that, it just wouldn't be true. Just ask Rush Limbaugh.

5 comments:

Josey Wales said...

Another cop downed in the line of duty in NH. Hangin' time in the Granite State!

Christopher King said...

You lost me on this one?

-c

Christopher King said...

Oh, I get it now because over at the Nashua Telegraph Forums page where I started "The Death Penalty is still wrong" thread (now the strongest current local issue with 1900 reads):

http://forum.nashuatelegraph.com/viewtopic.php?t=565

and:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/04/kingcast-watches-death-penalty-debate.html

Grins has noted that a Franconia officer was shot and killed in the line of duty. I don't know much about it, but perhaps this means that the threat of the Death Penalty was no major deterrent in the shooter's mind, right?

We shall see.

Meanwhile I say a prayer for the families of all involved. The other decedent is a cousin of Bode Miller, at whose tennis camp (Tamarackcamp.com) I was going to spend some time a couple of years ago until I got hit with that stupid and eventually dismissed indictment from that stupid and eventually dismissed Jaffrey Police Chief Martin Dunn -- with whom NH AG Ayotte has often sided -- not just in my case but in the failed prosecution of former Jaffrey Police officer Aaron Deboisbriand, whose father kept in touch with me on the D.L. throughout our respective persecutions.

The tennis camp thing is a long story but a lawyer friend of mine is friends with the family and he had told me about the camp and how laid back and beautiful it is.

At any rate, back to Dunn and Ayotte, it just goes to show I'm a big enough person to acknowledge not only when she's incorrect, but when she is correct as well.

And that's the beauty of the First Amendment, hence the name of this blawg.

Namaste.

-c

Oxycontin Side Effects said...

My name is Kim Adam and i would like to show you my personal experience with Oxycontin.

I have taken for 3 years. I am 23 years old. I think it is the best pain killer there is. Although it's coming very abused, I think that it is a very powerful reliever and that more doctors should look into it for pain relief.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
mild dependency and constipation

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Kim Adam

Anonymous said...

There are two wow gold very good games Web site, the site wow power leveling of a high degree of credibility, good power leveling quality and have a good trading platform, we can wow powerleveling have time to look at.