03 May 2007

KingCast watches the Vericomm phone calls roll in from California to Nashua.

As I was reading this scam.com link about Vericomm, I received a phone call from a San Francisco merchant by the name of Richard Kang last night, and boy is he pissed. He's a hard-working Immigrant (1982) like these folks I've helped on prior occasion, and he's been reading this omnibus post about the alleged bait-and-switch, potentially criminal activities I've been posting about.
"I Googled Vericomm today and read your letter to the Senator," he said.
"Oh."
"Yeah it's good."
"Thanks, I know."
"Well... they did the same thing to me but it was Merchant Services instead..... I owned all of my equipment already and had a good deal with Bank America. But Fiona told me there was no contract and that the equipment was free except that I had to use their machines.... I thought I signed an application and they must have filled it in afterward and they never gave me a copy."

Sounds oh-so-familiar, as I told Nashua Lieutenant Tim Goulden when he called me at lunch today. Meanwhile, former Vericomm sales rep Calvin Francis called me and promised to email me proof that other local area merchants are satisfied with the services. I promised him I would post any counterpoint he has right here on this blawg.

Mr. Kang and I had a wonderful conversation last night as I explained my favorite legal case of all time, as noted in this post: Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356 (1886), which involved unlawful discrimination against Asians in San Francisco. I told him about how Asians helped employ and raise my father and his siblings at the dry cleaner's. And I told him about the KingCast videos, where one may see Lieutenant Goulden and me have a little rap session in the "Day in Nashua" video.

Meanwhile, Mr. Kang will be depositing this blawg and its entries with the California Attorney General's office and I will do the same for him here in New Hampshire so we can get it all properly cross-referenced.

And then there is the Hobbs Act, 18 U.S.C. 1951.

******

PS: Googling worked well for the First Amendment in Nashua, as Alderman Teeboom discovered when he found me and we changed First Amendment Policy for the better, and we're still working on that matter on the State level.

4 comments:

Christopher King said...

Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:37:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Christopher King" kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com
Subject: Vericomm and Nashua
To: calvinfrancis3@blankety-blank.com
Dear Mr. Francis:

I will post whatever counterpoint you wish to make as soon as I receive it.

Best regards,

-Christopher King, J.D.

Christopher King said...

I'm still waiting, 2 days later.

-c

Christopher King said...

Five days later.....

Christopher King said...

Today a response:

Indeed I will follow up on this.

Best regards,

-Christopher King, J.D.

************

calvin francis calvinfrancis3@hotmail.com wrote:

You can visit Conrads Pizza on Westford St, Lowell, MA. speak to a gentlemen name Nick, he is the owner, then there is Brothers 1 and 2 in Dracut MA. There is Parkside Conv, in Manchester. JRC CONVENIENCE, Exonn Mobil Corporate, hudson brigde Exonn.

You have a fax number, I can send you a fax of a list of clientel within a 70mile radius, with telephone numbers contact names etc.

Thanks
Calvin