29 May 2007

KingCast watches Dubya's U.S. Supreme Court dismantle Title VII protections in Ledbetter v. Goodyear.

One of the first things you learn as a Civil Rights lawyer is that each paycheck that is the result of unequal terms and conditions of employment constitutes an ongoing violation, which tolls, or places the Statute of Limitations on hold because an employer should be punished, rather than rewarded for perpetuating long-term discrimination.

The Bush-appointed court, including "Uncle Tom" Clarence Thomas -- who himself benefitted from Affirmative Action -- says not anymore.

I hate him. Not very Zen, but honest. I'm working on it.

Related post: At least my father (a 37-year career employee of the former Diamond Shamrock company) and I got a major victory over another black sellout, handlebar-mustache-wearing Bush toady, Peter Kirsanow -- who is the anti-christ for all working people. Yeah I wrote the brief. And if that's "grandstanding," (read the comments to this entry about the Thin Blue Line and police coverups) so be it; guilty as charged for being an American, born with certain Inalienable Rights to legally protect my father.

Because Clarence Thomas won't.

2 comments:

J.T. Bell said...

I bet Cecil is moving a lot of tail now that he is baching it. Dude surely has game. And a cool wardrobe.

Christopher King said...

I'm not worthy, but I do my best to honor the Old Man :)

Just talked to him the other day; he's 69 years young. A nice, round, ying-yang number, eh?

-c