28 May 2007

KingCast says 31 May 2007 looms large for NH AG Kelly Ayotte and NHSBA Director Ted Comstock.

From NH AG Kelly Ayotte I (and indirectly the Concord Monitor) seek an answer regarding production of the unedited police video from the Franconia Notch shooting tragedy. This is my letter to her, citing the Monitor's agreement and noting the Georgia Supreme Court has hosted similar video on its own website.

From New Hamsphire School Boards Association (NHSBA) Director Ted Comstock, Esq., I seek a response regarding this quasi-governmental body's recommended speech policy for school board meetings, which is viewpoint and content-based in its restrictions. I gave the policy a failing grade, and he promised a response within that timeframe and I lauded him for that; Nashua Alderman Fred Teeboom and I have already prevailed on a similar matter here in Nashua, as seen in the marquee thumbnails below.

Here's the connection: Attorney Ayotte has said she is giving the NHSBA matter "careful consideration" for inclusion in the next Right-to-Know Law revision or addendum because
"For our government to remain of the people, by the people, and for the people, while protecting individuals' privacy, it is essential that the people have reasonable and open access to the information that will inform the people what their government is up to and how it is performing.

Government, therefore, should be open, accessible, accountable and responsive. To that end, the public's right of access to governmental proceedings and records shall not be unreasonably restricted."

So that in turn is what I'm screaming about relative to the police video and Officer McKay's car computer information, because as the Monitor points out, the privacy rights of Liko Kenney and Bruce McKay expired with their natural lives in the face of such a public issue. And as noted herein, his personnel file has apparently been sealed for a coupla' years, too. It is a small World, after all.

Related post: The Thin Blue Line.

7 comments:

Christopher King said...

The quick:

If they both acknowlege that changes have to be made, I leave them alone and move to California.

If they don't, I might stick around and annoy the living daylights out of both of them, in the name of Justice, as an American dissident.

Because to paraphrase Marlon Brando, the quintessential method actor I'm like the Wild One when he says, "What else you got?"

*****

But of course, as noted in the comments section to this post:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/05/kingcast-watches-locals-use-wmur-to.html

I can annoy the living daylights out of them from California as well. Or England. I truly enjoyed my stay there:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums
/g256/blackenroe2/Picture277.jpg

Namaste.

Vince McMahon said...

What's waiting in CA that is so important? You should stick around NH and double down on your street lawyer creds. Ayotte is no match for you, or is she?

Christopher King said...

Well, in short, an entire way of life. Northern, not southern. I'll go visit L.A. but would never want to actually live there.

And a lot of really hot, intelligent, tree-hugging women who also know how to wear a dress.

Not to mention the best sushi in the U.S.

And full-year bicycle and motorcycle action.

And Whistler is a cheap flight to VC.

As you know, the East Coast has really been a nightmare to me ever since I got here my life went downhill, meeting my film crew and author James O'Brien notwithstanding.

That having been said, you know I'm the Zen guy, so as far as what's brewing in Franconia -- where I've skied Cannon more than any other mountain in New England -- if it be so, so be it.

Namaste.

Julio Gallo said...

No. Cali is nice, figures you would not be hangin' in the L-B-C. Wine country is white country. Voss water aplenty.

Christopher King said...

Yeah, but I will be checking it out, no doubt.

Besides, you prolly read what my cop friend hollered at me for listening to Van Halen yo':

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/05/kingcast-asks-whats-difference-between.html

Voss is still the King, but I'm kinda' into Panna now, you know, whatever the massuh' is serving the hired hands :)

-c

Chicken George said...

You mean whatever the cooz with bling is drinking.

Christopher King said...

BTW didja' know BostonNOW did a blurb on ROOTS at 30:

http://bostonnow.com/entertainment/movies/2007/05/29/roots/

-c