30 April 2007

Nashua NAACP speaks out against NH AG Kelly Ayotte and the Death Penalty.

Well, okay, actually I haven't see them do any such thing, as noted in this NH Indy Media post.

However, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund certainly has done so:

Therefore I would expect to hear something from the local chapter, at which I was, of course, ummmm.... an outspoken (and correct) Legal Chair in addressing a possible case of police abuse, even though not a single soul from the local chapter ever followed up to request more information from the Jaffrey Police Chief Dunn, who was eventually.... ummmm.... fired:

Check this post for reference on the burgoening Death Penalty issue -- in which a response to a Nashua Telegraph forum post I initiated on this matter is documented as raising some truly troubling issues regarding race, class and money. I end it with a quote from that Negro lawyer from the NAACP, Thurgood Marshall.
"The death penalty is no more effective a deterrent than life imprisonment... It is also evident that the burden of capital punishment falls upon the poor, the ignorant and the underprivileged members of society."

Here I am reading Carl T. Rowan's biography, "Dream Makers Dream Breakers" about Attorney Marshall to my Great Aunt Mother Ann.

But perhaps the reason we are listening to the sounds of silence in this case is because the NAACP changed its Mission Statement during my tenure as follows:

As they threw me under the bus (read this email) they removed words like "keep the public aware," and "take lawful action to secure elimination of discrimination," and the new version contains none of that.

What goes around, comes around. Kind of like a bus route, right?

3 comments:

Christopher King said...

And in the email tip jar from Pam, a native Californian who is quite religious but who nonetheless recognizes the value of this blawg, irrespective of our differences in lifestyle:

********

Hey I'm glad you enjoy the reads!

I know you can sense my frustration at Civil Rights poseurs like some aspects of the NAACP

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/04/nashua-naacp-speaks-out-against-nh-ag.html

(The NAACP Legal Defense Department is a separate entity, BTW and I have commended them on prior occasion):

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2006/11/naacp-legal-defense-funds-ted-shaw.html

Just call it as I see it, which is what everyone is afraid to do these days!

My email address appears on KingCast.net as Kingjurisdoctor@yahoo.com

I'm on the run, but we should definitely keep in touch.

Christopher King, J.D.
15 Beasom Street
Nashua, NH 03064603.438.8017m

-c

pam s********* wrote:

Hi Chris. I hope this gets to you as I didn't see any other email type address on your blog (I am not familiar with how "blogs" work as I don't usually use them).

I had a chance to look through your postings and found them both interesting and entertaining---fun to read and informative.

I also really appreciated having you as our "waiter" at ********. I always enjoy talking with the people around us as much as I do my guest or friend. It was a treat to meet you.

Do you have an address or PO Box where I could send you a book a friend of mine wrote. I love giving it to lawyers because he presents information in a logical, reasoned, historically consistent and accurate way. The topic is of utmost importance. (I will leave you curiously looking forward to it).

It may be a blessing to you.

All God's best in your continued endeavors....

Omar Cruz said...

this report is fantastic, the infomation you show us is really interesting and is good written. Do you want to see something more? Look: this is a good page, you can visit too:The drinks of kava kava root,that obtain from the dissected roots of the Piper shrub methysticum, have been used in ceremonies and at social level in the regions of the South Pacific during hundreds of years, and in Europe as of 1700 Head Shop, Herbal Grinders
Bongs, Glass Pipe. Visit us for more info at: http://www.headshopinternational.com/

Anonymous said...

Mr. King your a fucking idiot