09 April 2007

KingCast presents: Morphine/A.K.A.C.O.D./Alchemist dance hall.

KingCast presents a few glimpses of Saturday's action with A.K.A.C.O.D. (Colley, Ortiz, Dersh) by way of follow up to these/two posts about the weekend's killer show at Alchemist, the new blog-inspired Boston NOW indie newspaper and James O'Brien's "American Lawyer" manuscript 2.0. That California dude in full skank mode across from me was a real trip; he had all the ladies up in his camp. As for me in the last picture I'm smiling with James because I know we've caught the beautiful (and delightfully irrepressible) Amelie in the picture over my left shoulder :)

"When you're good you don't need but two strings anyway," I told bassist Monique Ortiz. "Sure don't need five," she shot back. Word. Bootsy would be impressed. I can't wait to pick up their first disc because it is indeed "a darkly psychedelic sound that is sensual, cinematic, and otherworldly."

And you can dance your ass off to it, or just chill, either way.

No comments: