16 April 2007

KingCast discusses the Virgnia Tech tragedy and Stevie Wonder, "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing."

I'll make this short, with respect to today's tragedy. My neighbor is a firefighter (a position of honor) with soon-to-be college-aged children. They are a great family and I wished him the best for them because when you go to school, you go to learn, not to be killed.

I have nieces entering college and frankly, I cannot imagine the pain that these families will encounter. I hate to think that some of it could have been curbed with better protocol, but that question will be addressed by area courts for years to come, and rightfully so: Apparently they were never certain that the killings had subsided, yet hours elapsed before warnings or bulletins were issued.

Stevie Wonder? Because several friends of mine and I discussed the matter over Inner Visions "Don't you worry 'bout a thing," because we are in disbelief at the cruelty and hatred we see almost every day. We have to believe in a Better World.

I think we can do better, as I learned in high school.

One thing I also don't appreciate as a former reporter is the way that mass media is showing lots of cops and guns on this case; gets U.S. citizens ready to surrender to the American Police State as noted in these/two posts involving police spy cams and other Monadnock mayhem; like it's a test bed for this activity. Not cool.

No comments: