17 January 2007

KingCast presents: The aum, lucky number 7 and the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King.

Yesterday at Jennifer Horn's WSMN 1590 radio show we received an email as I was leaving. "While I congratulate Mr. King on his efforts with the school board he is the only one making a racial issue out of it," wrote the listener. Ms. Horn did not see it that way, nor did I because my point was that it was a beautiful thing that race did not appear to damage the deliberations, and contrary to the listener's belief, I was not that only one to bring it up:

Alderman Teeboom, the Honorable Paula Johnson and Board members Ziehm and Melizzi-Golja and I have all either spoken and written each other about the beauty of how far we have come that an outsider black man from Cleveland can come in and work with an all white Board in a virtually all-white state. That is the spirit of Dr. King, who said "[I]t is a shame that in this rich nation, people are earning starvation wages." I am certain Dr. King would agree that it is a shame to live in this rich nation and not have First Amendment rights as well.

For more on that, read the comments of Alderman Teeboom and the Honorable Paula Johnson in this post.

Now, the aum. The last time it appeared on this blawg was in response to Blogger restoring critical posts on this blawg that American Tower Corporation had tricked them into deleting, until I explained all of the salient details. American Tower brass had in anger called me a "Dangerous Black Man," (thus spawning the subtitle of James O'Brien's upcoming book), and they then lied about me to a police chief whom other well-established blacks have gone on record as saying is racist, i.e. "I don't fit the profile and am being hassled by these people."
Read it right here.

So in contrast to other New Englanders, Nashua has been great. And Nashua has been great before; check the reason why Holman Stadium is historic: It's about blacks in baseball, duh. Roy Campanella and Don Newcombe. I lived right across the street from it for 2 years and I've got a post coming about that. I raise the issue of the aum today for what it symbolizes, and for the fact that SAAB Number 7 actually has a small aum on the inside rear view mirror. Uncanny. So as I left the Princeton campus last night the first track I played was of course Peter Tosh, "Equal Rights."

Peace.

No comments: