20 December 2006

More about Christopher King's biographer, James O'Brien.

As noted in the Charles Barkley/Michael Wilbon post, men of less social prominence than Sir Charles have writers of less social prominence as well (economies of scale), but we all keep on pressing, and that First Amendment expression is part of what makes America the Beautiful. Here's James' prior life in music, and yes he is an "angry, thoughtful and eloquent young man," as noted. He was a damn fine musician and he is a damn fine writer so I'm thrilled and honored to see what he produces next week on the first final.

Gosh knows he's got enough/material to sift through!

I have spoken with several current U.S. Servicemen about what I am doing; they all support me entirely, and for Good Reason: They are dying to protect the freedoms that School Board member Sandra Ziehm, Nashua Alderman Teeboom and I support -- as advanced in City Attorney Stephen Bennett's 5 page opinion.
Read the comment section for more clarification.

Related sites: KingCast.net and Justiceforkids.net.

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

From my email today to everyone involved in this matter:

**********

To all concerned:

I understand that the matter will be addressed by rules committee in January. I will await review of the final policy before formally contacting the ACLU, for whom I wrote much of the successful Ohio First Amendment Supreme Court brief in State v. Lessin.

I'm always up for a good First Amendment battle and I almost always get what I want, but please note that in this instance I have gone on record as saying that I would rather work with the board and its attorney than against them. Otherwise I have a First Amendment template on my computer and I could have filed suit the day after I was denied the right to speak on 4 December 2006 and likely prevailed.

As witnessed by his 5 page opinion citing approximately 12 reported cases since the Vagalebre case, Attorney Bennett understood clearly, I'm sure.

That having been said, I wish a safe and happy Holiday to everyone, and look forward to swift and final resolution of this matter -- with an open comment period to remain for citizens to state their concerns.

I will draw a parallel to the Manchester police chief in the ticket-fixing matter:

"Corruption starts with the first free cup of coffee," he said. And while I never thought of it that way, perhaps he is right. And perhaps Alderman Teeboom, Board member Ziehm and I are correct in noting that corruption of the First Amendment starts when you eliminate open participation by limiting comments to agenda-only items or eliminating critical comment on personnel matters, of which I have more to say regarding Dr. Julia Earl.

Best regards,

Christopher King, J.D.