13 June 2006

KingCast presents: NAACP v. Button, 371 U.S. 415 (1963).

this is an audio post - click to play
Africa.
Sheet Metal Workers' v. Mohawk Chemical et al. 1998 WL 519585 Ohio App. 5 Dist., 1998 noted:
"...the [Button] Court held that the NAACP had a First Amendment right to advise nonmembers and hire attorneys to represent nonmembers, in order to protect rights afforded by the Constitution."
Duh. I was gonna' bust this at what was supposed to be trial in my direct testimony and watch Prosecutor Albrecht's eyes glaze over, but I guess now is as good a time as ever. And of course I'm going to have lawyers take the stand to prove that I courted them to take Willie Toney's police abuse case. I've already got the contemporaneous 17 Dec. 2004 notes from one such lawyer on my desk right now. Here's the damn oral argument in Button.

So they wanna' convict me for doing precisely what the NAACP at least used to do when it had sack(m), huevos(f)?

Negro please.

Still confused? Try this, also from Button:
"...the litigation [the NAACP] assists, while serving to vindicate the legal rights of members of the American Negro community, at the same time and perhaps more importantly, makes possible the distinctive contribution of a minority group to the ideas and beliefs of our society. For such a group, association for litigation may be the most effective form of political association."
Not good enough? Try this:
"Thus the NAACP will not underwrite ordinary damages actions, [or] criminal actions in which the defendant raises no question of possible racial discrimination..."
I believe Willie Toney's complaint smacks of racial discrimination, last time I checked.

Blawg Yahtzee: First Amendment and niggers up for sale.

KingCast.net: 21st Century Civil Rights.

No comments: